Join me for a 2.5-hour intensive on book marketing and publicity--from my father’s silver-bullet theory to online magic & everything in between.
Have you recently published a book? Are you working on one? Did you publish one that didn’t go as far as you hoped?
- Over 650 million books sell each year.
- The average amount spent yearly on reading is $113.
- 60% of adults read at least one book in the past year.
- The average reading time is at least 20 minutes a day.
- Adults over 75 read twice that long.
Books are selling, and why not yours?
You don’t need a degree in marketing to get your book out into the world.
You don't need a sticker on your forehead.
You just need to get activated to show up for your work.
I’ve been pushing books for over 20 years. I’ve published 11 of them—some with major publishing houses, some with small presses, some independently. I've had publicists, no publicists, book tours, no book tours, big hotels, a friend's sofa. In every case, the marketing that I myself did made a huge difference. I'll tell you why. Because I showed up for the book and for the people who wanted to read it.
Where and how you market books has completely changed, and I’ve made it my business to keep up. I’ve learned a thing or two.
Marketing is fun. Marketing is chess. Marketing is community-building with your people. Marketing is finding your tribe.
This workshop is for
- published authors
- writers who want to publish
- writers with a book under contract
- folks in public relations
- friends helping writer friends
I'm going to sprinkle gold-dust over you.
I'm going to give you so many ideas you'll need a ship to get them out of here.
I'm going to show you what's possible.
Here's what you’ll get:
- a multi-level approach to rocketing your book into the world
- ways to crush social media
- getting into the game in real-world markets
- my story (the short version)
- well-kept secrets I’ve learned over the years
- a chance to ask questions & get solid answers
- a blank author interview (where everything starts)
- a template for a marketing plan
- complete notes in a pdf booklet form
Maybe you think you're late to the game. Maybe you think that publicity is not the job of the writer. Maybe you thought that once you did the hard work of writing the book that you'd be done. Maybe somebody told you that selling is creepy.
I'm telling you that you're not too late. I'm telling you it's your job. I'm telling you that you're not done. I'm telling you that selling is an exchange that can be based on joy and pleasure.
Lots of people helped me and I'd like to help you. I'll tell you what I know.
I'm not saying this is easy or that you won't have to work hard. But these marketing ideas are solid gold. They work.
If you're ready to show up for your book, this is a workshop for you.